About Ms. Jenkins:
Ms. Jenkins is a math teacher at EHS, she teaches multiple classes. She teaches Physics, Calculus, and Algebra 2. She is also the cheer coach. She is the department head of the math department at Eatonville High School.
About the Classes She Teaches:
- Physics: Physics is a year long course that counts as one lab science credit; the prerequisite for the course to have passed Algebra & Biology with a “C+” (only a recommended prerequisite). This course is designed to help students understand how the world works using a scientific approach including the study of motion, mechanics, wave motion, light, heat, electricity and sound. It includes lecture, demonstration and lab work. It is strongly recommended for students who plan to take a science major in a four-year college.
- AP Calculus: AP Calculus is a year long course that counts as one math credit; the prerequisite for the course is to have passed Pre-Calculus with a “B” or better. There is an AP test offered at the end of the year, if you receive a passing score, the class will count as a college math credit. This course covers the topics required for AP Calculus including functions and graphs, limits and continuity, derivatives, integrals, modeling, and sequences and series. Included in these topics are differentiation of polynomials, exponentials, trigonometric functions, and logarithms; graphing polynomial and rational functions; maxima and minima; growth and decay; techniques of integration; area under the curve; Riemann sums; L’Hôpital’s rule; and the fundamental theorems of calculus. Also included are applications to science, solids of revolution, particle motions, and volumes.
- Algebra 2: Algebra 2 is a year long course that counts as one math credit; the prerequisite for the course is to have passed Geometry with a “C” or better. Big Ideas Core content topics in algebra 2 include solving problems; numbers, expressions and operations; exponential and logarithmic functions and equations; quadratic functions and equations; polynomial functions and equations; trigonometric functions and equations; probability, data and distributions; reasoning, problem solving and communication; modeling real world situations using mathematics; and additional key topics.
- Textbook: Big Ideas Math Algebra 2
- Online Textbook Access
About the Activities She is Involved In:
- Cheer: Our Eatonville High School cheer team is a varsity-level spirit team that cheers for football, basketball, and wrestling. They also have performances at assemblies, parades, and other community events. From dances and stunts to chants and cheers, the EHS cheer team does it all.
Contact Ms. Jenkins:
This Page Created By: Jade Egan